Saturday, July 31, 2010

My first 5K race

This past spring, I started training for my first 5K race.  It started with a desire I had to be able to run/jog for a distance greater than a few feet.  :)  I am very proud of sticking to a training routine and working my running ability up to the point where I could run a 5K without walking.  I participated in the Surf Monkey 5K race in Oceanside, CA.  Check out their site here.  It was a lot of fun accomplishing a goal that I set for myself, and I can't wait to run my next race!

The Oceanside Pier was the start & finish line.  This picture was taken at about 5 30 am; the race started at 7 am.



getting ready to start


















After the race with my cheering section :)






We made a fun weekend out of it and stayed at this hotel on the beach - right above the pier.



The view of the ocean from the pool.










I'm not sure who was more tired out afterwards - the boys or me!

No comments:

Post a Comment