Sunday, January 17, 2010

Moving Day / Roadtrip Day 1: Spokane to Roseburg, OR






We did it. Actually did it. Packed everything that we'll need for the next 10 months in the back of our van! If you know me and my love of shoes, you know this is no small feat. In all honesty, Leon put everything in the car, so he gets all the credit, but I consider my contribution to be severe restraint when it came to packing my afore mentioned shoes....







So we rolled out of Spokane fairly early this morning, with a goal of reaching at least central Oregon. And get this....as we're pulling out of town, there is a rainbow framing the Sunset Hill...how perfect was that?! Reassuring too.






If you look really close, you can see its actually a double rainbow







A big thanks to Becky for providing an *awesome* bag full of roadtrip goodies...for ALL of us....the toys and books provided lots of happy travel moments.

We stopped in Portland for a while to visit Leon's grandparents. It was great to see them, and they really loved seeing the boys. After stretching our legs at their house for a while, we continued on and made it to Roseburg, OR for our first night. Overall, the boys did great......buuuuut...we still have a few days...and miles to go, so we'll see how this holds up! :)









Beckett discovered Great-Grandma Anita's magnifying glass!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You have left Spokane. I have to admit... there are tears in my eyes right now. Might have something to do with leaving shoes behind though. That is almost a crime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxious to see more pics from the rest of your trip...especially one of where I'll be staying when I come to see you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete