Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Mexico

Over the weekend, the boys and I, plus my mom (she called herself the "granny nanny") flew down to visit Leon in New Mexico. It probably goes without saying, but we were *thrilled* to see him and he was just as thrilled to see us. The last time we saw him was August 24....waaaay too long ago. We flew from here to Albuquerque, then rented a car and drove about 4 hours further to where the training academy is. I had never been to NM before, and when I pictured it in my mind, I envisioned adobe homes, red desert rocks and plateau hills and mountains. Who knows where I got that from....an IMAX movie or some projector film from middle school history class?? In any case...that was NOT the part of NM we were in. It was very flat, dry and not so pretty. But we weren't there to see the scenery so much...we just wanted to see Leon! This was the boys' first airplane ride ever, and Beckett was so excited to get to go on a Southwest airplane. (He likes those because Grandma always goes on them). They both really did great and seemed to like flying (I, on the other hand, am extremely uncomfortable flying, but am pround of myself for keeping it together and not spreading my fear to them.......).



Beckett practicing wheeling his new suitcase that he got for his birthday













Albuquerque sunset....see??..not a bump in the horizon!






us....happy to be together


We were awakened each morning by these birds in a tree outside our hotel room window...there must have been hundreds of them and they were just chattering away...



On our way back to Albuquerque, we discovered we were near the old original Route 66, so of course my mom and I decided we needed to stop and get our picture taken by it.





Wyatt showing off his newly accquired walking skills in the Las Vegas airport....



1 comment: